Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Kalaykan Codec

What is Kalaykan?

Kalaykan is my attempts at creating a scratch built code language.

The scope has been a bit daunting but it shows some promise. I decided to use the English alphabet for my symbols as it is the most readily available to me and I am familiar with it.

Make no mistake though. This is not a rehash of English language with the letters mixed around. I am making up a new syntax and grammar structure. This is where the hard part comes in.

Part of a language is in codifying and programming of your own thought processes. So its hard to adopt rules and learn to rethink in a different way than we are initially brought up in. I sometimes wonder about this, in relation to Child Development, and how it would be possible to have an educated mind, but one free from language and cultural barrier and reality filters. Could such a mind function without a framework for sentience. ( I probably should look into this for further blogs)

I am still trying to work on the syntax. I want to go two different ways, still deciding on which. The real purpose is to have a functioning adaptable, yet down and dirty code language that you can talk in with security. I intended to add a layer of subtlety in the language so that it can be tricked out to deceive and be double edged. I am not a linguist however and it is rather hard. In any case some short Kalaykan.

“Adia Analsa Fallina en grati.” - Rough translation: Always help family in need

Aen – Roughly Translation: Hello, Goodbye, Yes?, Hey!

Mirda - is a possessive. It means my, but I am also deciding if it should mean I as well.

Lais - Attractive Person

Random Fact: Kalaykan makes no distinction in Feminine and Masculine. Only in direct reference to sex of character, medically.

Ohma – Mother, strictly biologically. There is no word for mom and dad, just Parent. Ohma can also mean a birthplace in slang.

Jakarutu translates to Existence wariness. I will be going into Jakarutu in a upcoming blog.

“Mirda caslaa verodinyr” – (b^_^)b

No comments:

Post a Comment