Monday, April 12, 2010

Fighting the ReFat – 04.12.10

Ah yes, the Re-Fat!

This is a most insatiable and determined Arch-Nemesis a person can have in their life. The Re-fat is sneaky, insidious. It dwells in the darkness, waiting for you to be at weakest and then it pounces.

Indeed. I sort of have the upper hand right now. (Yes I used to be a FAT guy. Not just normal fatfat like I am now.)

Sure it fluxuates but I am no where near the likes 2003 Norman LOL. He will not be returning! (Even though….. well….good times.)

Anyway. I will be chronicling my Successes and Failures in successive posts.

Dietary
I am on no real Dietary plan. I have just switched to a lower carb diet. And this done mostly out of money and whim. I have switched over the past year to a more vegetable based diet. I buy most of my food at the grocery store. And surprisingly its been pretty healthy and cheap. Cut out a lot of Fast food, mostly I only fast food on weekends.

Indeed I am on a more lower volume of calorie intake period. Don’t worry I still got some baddie foods in there too, just low quantities.

I do follow one Dietary rule, the oldest one. “More Calories out than in.” So I limit caloric intake. That’s about it. No crazy diets, no starving, some reprogramming required sure but its relatively easy.

Food Ingestion Intervals (~_^)
Monday through Friday. Food intervals are no longer in the breakfast, lunch, dinner mold. It takes the form of random small meals. This took some time to get used to. But not that hard as I was kind of tired of the regular food intervals. I get tired of stuff it’s a problem I have.

Morning usually the biggest meal of the day. Though most days it is granola bars or banana, or Cinnamon and Brown Sugar pop tarts.

Sometime around 11:00pm-1pm I get hungry or tired so I take a break from work. Then I eat some noodles or soup. Follow that up with a Citris. Usually a tangerine. Sometimes I’ll do it about 1 hour later.

Around 3-4pm I get a granola if I haven’t ate one that morning.

Around 7-8pm or when I get home I’ll eat some cereal or a Ice Cream cone. Been experimenting with just some Cheese. Finding that I really enjoy Cheese of itself.

The problem I have is that I get hungry/bored around 11pm and you’ll get these bad cravings. Sometimes I fight them and win. Other times I looooooose. It is hard even for me to cancel out these types of reactions. When I am not that active I get food cravings.

Which is in a nutshell one of the main reasons probably for weight gain. But we associate food with pleasure and good times so much in our lives I think it is hard to overwrite that type of programming and only eat when we need it. Training, and busy work should help to fight the cravings.

Emergency Food

CARROTS! If you do get a graving make sure its something low cal. Did you know you could munch on a bag of carrots and not even break 450 calories. And trust me you only need a few to hold you over. Not the most fun food but I am finding them rather nice and taste, texture-wise. Celery is another good filler food, which actually is almost negative calories.

Exercise
This is where I am failing miserably. When I get home I am so tired that I cant find the time for proper exercise.

This is also sort of a reciprocal relationship. When I did exercise I found that my energy was better, mental acuity was up. I was more flexible and slept better (I do sleep fine now but it was better) And man do I miss those sweet sweet exercise Endorphins. The good thing about exercise with me is that once I start on it again, exercise has a very powerful compulsion factor. You get addicted to exercising. Just need to get on that track again.

I think the last time I exercised was in my old place before I moved into pool house. I used to walk quite a bit in that hood, but I do my exercise at night, my new hood not sure if I can Vet it yet. Shady. So once I stop being scared I will get back to it. Mornings are a NO-GO period. >:(

The gym is too costly and wasteful. BUT once it heats up and I have de-Wintered my pool I will supplement my walking with an Hour of Swimming. And swimming my dear friends is so close to SEX in the pleasure it brings me I will be doing it 7 days a week.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment