Monday, April 5, 2010

Dream Log – 04.02.10 - Four Big Dreams or One Colossal One?

This weekend I was gifted with an extraordinary amount of interesting dreams. The one I had Saturday was a big one. Not one or two or three, but four distinct dreams. It was quite a doozy and ran from hyper-real to extremely surreal to abstract.

The High School Investigation

This plunged me into the depths of some sort of high school throw back dream. And of course like any of those dreams. I have the anxiety of waking up lake from school and some how “knowing” that I had missed a lot of school and was failing. I REALLY hate that type of anxiety as it feels real.

Then I realize that I am at the school discussing an investigation I am pursuing with a classmate. As a student mind you. This is the thing of such dreams you know with certainty you are doing the thing, in this case investigation yet the details are simultaneously blurry.

I remember distinctly the white on white walls of the school. Its almost super clinically pristine halls. Devoid of all students

Then some how I remember being chased. And having to duck into a bathroom to escape. Who is chasing me is a mystery, I just know it is hyper urgent to escape. I try to hide in a girls bathroom but I can not stay as the feeling of rejection is so strong so I bail.

I remember entering a closet filled with equipment. I freeze in place site as someone opens the door, and it is almost as if he can see me, some sort of uniformed squat-shaped man. Some how he does see me and chases me, but it is as if I had time to look for an escape. I see a door labeled XXXX (As I usually cant remember the details of letters in my dreams, even though at the time I remember reading and understanding it. I enter the door. And the little room begins to descend.

End of Dream 1

---

Resurrecting an Ancient Evil

This is a continuation of the other dream. As I notice I am descending into the depths of the Earth. Trust me the dream always fills in these details in the back of the mind that doesn’t mind.

I realize that my perspective has switched and I am now one of this ancient things Followers. Caught up in a plot to resurrect and ancient evil. One Xanatos of ancient Atlantia. (Which is weird as I seldom remember the names of such things, keeping a dream log has been helping in that regard.)

Now you are asking, how do you know this TL. Look people I remember it because its like having an impression, a knowledge of things you do should not/could not know. But its there. My brain fills in the blanks and It is disconcerting sometimes.

Not sure what/who Xanatos is. I just get the impression of malevolence and fearing to fail it. Image wise I remember traversing down deep rock tunnels with little glowing lights in the ceiling. This lead to a vast chamber, larger than a city maybe. On the floor of this giant cavern is patterns of light and darkness, like someone took the stars in the sky and scattered them on the ground. But in the shape of some large being.

Now it cuts to a college campus, there is panic at this place. Its dark out but you can see a haze in the air. Like cloudy twilight. Then the city is in panic.

Not sure why but then it cuts to a scene of four elements Rushing down a tide to the intersection of one street. A fire torrent, a river, a wind torrent, and a rock slide. The sky is pitch black. Then the four elements collide together at the intersection. A large mountain grows out of the earth at this location. Colossal, like it is bigger than it should be to be in the place that it is.

Down in the depths of the earth Xanatos is going to awaken.

Then I find myself (I am back to myself) wandering through the wilderness to find a path to a castle with a huge skull on it. This is dark, dead tree type wilderness, and the world seems devastated, almost like it was another dream, but there was no transition.

It seems like the castle I am journeying to is movable like on a map, I remember thinking that the castle was too close to the resurrection mountain so I move it on the map with my hand, and I now the location has changed. We cross a large creature. A creature so large its skeleton spans the gap of a large canyon.

I remember thinking, knowing, that in ancient times The Native Americans built this bridge out of defeated great enemy.

---

Suddenly it transitions again and I am back to the High School. But this time there is a army of super heroes outside the high school getting ready to go in. I remember getting recruited by them to show the way down into the earth. Then we fight at the school, fighting the minions of Xanatos. But all I remember is them flying, jumping, rushing into the school. I don’t remember much after that but. I do remember there is a huge celebration in the parking lot/city streets. So I assume we won.

Later I get impressions old villains are being resurrected by someone and that the Heroes government agency has been infiltrated by doppelgangers. These villains seemed to be entirely made up by my dream brain. I remember them saying their names but now I can recall them at all.

End Dream 2 (Hey that’s how it ends)

----

The Magic Shopping Mart

This one begins with me and my mom at a mysterious grocery store type place. It seems huge! But from the outside and at other times, seems small and tight. It also reminds me a little of the eternal mall from my other dreams.

Also of note, I am a little boy and my mom seems like this angelic creature with an inner glow. And I remember feeling a lot of love for her as we cruised the store. At one point I remember wandering into the toy section. In it is a selection of old toys and really rare games, (That don’t exist) and yet I remember thinking. When I grow up I would like to come back here and buy some of these old gems.

The lighting in the store was low, like barely above candle light. Mist seemed to travel down the hallways. I remember it being kind of high for my little chest. Mom glowed in it though. I remember trying to decide between certain boxes of pizza to put into the grocery cart. It seemed like a VERY important decision. Then we were in the checkout line. And I remember that Ma said she forgot something, and talked about it with the clerk. Ma then left the line and the Clerk directed her over the loudspeaker to go to Isle 7 or 9 to find what she wanted. And the perspective was from over her shoulder as she went, and the announcer directed her exactly to the right place. I remember thinking “Wow, that is a nice server that they do that for their customers”.

Then we exited out into the night.

I really enjoyed this dream. It was good hanging out with Mom as a little boy, and the store was so calm and ghostly.

End Dream 3.

---

The Fight for Earth.

This is a weird one. In this an alien armada is approaching the Earth for invasion. I remember that there was a large scramble as the superheroes, militaries, and even villains of the world joined forces to meet this threat. Okay this sounds funny but I distinctly recall the image of Cobra Commander.

I remember our forces being extremely ragtag but it was the only hope we had.

Then the fight begins. But it is in the sky over the battlefield. Ship to ship. With the physical armies arrayed beneath the big ships. Weird weird tactics. I remember our forces engaging and being beaten back to retreat, our ships flee, leaving us on the ground stranded. The enemies advance into us, only to have them destroyed or damaged by the ships I though had left us to fight alone, but had hid in a forest until the aliens passed over them. I remember the ground forces cheering as the enemy army is damaged but then the alien ships above counter attack and badly damage our ships who really flee this time.

At one point it switches to the ranks of enemy troops lined up in battle formation like Roman centurions would do. I remember a slave master alien telling the slaves to prepare to fight and die, or they would be killed. It was a tall creature, with a Root shaped head, and three large spikes sticking out of the top, which I knew oddly were its eyes/sensory organs.

I remember the alien’s slave troops discussing amongst themselves that they didn’t want to fight us. That we fought good and that it would be a good time to betray the aliens and fight for their freedom. One of the rebel leaders had a scheme to get one of the others rebel leaders killed though, and he withheld his forces at the last instant in battle throwing the field into chaos.

Then it was over, the aliens were retreating. I remember looking into the sky and hearing someone say “Now that the American Defense Fleet is here, we actually stand a chance. Let them deal with them.”

Then I looked into the sky and saw their Professional looking, Powerful, and Organized space fleet, against a backdrop of stars. It looked mighty impressive indeed and I felt relief at last. Especially as I had been feeling like this was the end of the world, and everything was grim, until the Reinforcements came and I felt there was hope

End Dream 4.

---

As you can see, it was a very entertaining night of dreams. Writing down the dreams has greatly increased my recall when trying to reproduce the memories. One step closer to Lucid Dreaming!!

Till next time mates!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment