Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kei Katan – 10.21.10

Kei Katan - “What is up?” - Kalaykan codetalk. (rough translation)

---

So what have I been up to lately?

---

TL’s Law of Conservation of Energy.

For the most part I have not done a lot of anything. Lots of rest and some gaming since I have free time (more on that later). I have done some reading. Got a few good books from the library. Writing (EXTREMELY minor. Damn this prison sequence….writers road block.) I have downloaded a few new shows to watch. Started doing some walking out at night in the cool Florida weather too… Until I realized that my neighbors let their semi large dog loose at night and without a lease so had to cancel my favorite route. This disrupted my patterns and now I am inactive once more until I find an alternate. Gave up on taking care of my pool. It was costing too much to maintain in terms of chemicals and cleaning so its officially closed for the season. (-_-) Had some good times with her.

(P.S. Fall and Winter in Florida is some of the best weather in the United States of America. Period. Nothing can beat it.)

Started getting more and more into Star Craft 2 online play. Which is going okay in terms of having fun but not in terms of me doing actually good. (subsequent blog to follow)

There is a cat I am thinking about adopting who hangs around my job. He is cool but also annoying with all his damn chatter. It’s what makes me like him and hate him at the same time. He is not a wild cat. I think just someone’s domestic that got loose a while back and has been surviving in the wild. Using http://www.wikihow.com/Earn-the-Trust-of-a-Stray-Cat guide I got him used to me and now he is sort of overly friendly with me. He is kind of an ass though, demanding, and he talks too much too. (A perfect match huh.) Sorry ladies looks like I don’t need a girlfriend now. (-.-)

---

And so the ship sinks.

Never did a job post about this but. Well a few weeks ago I was alerted to the fact that our office is loosing money. In an effort to not let everyone go they reduced us down to 3 days a week. At first I was quite overjoyed as I had hoped for something like it to happen. (At first I wished for a 4 day work week. At a 20% paycut I still wouldnt have to do anything extra to stay afloat maybe have to cut out a stripclub visit or 2. Give up drugs and drinking to every other day) But a 40% pay cut is kind of bleh. I will be able to keep up my rent and power. Might end up paying my car note like every 2 months though. Feth debt. I can handle debt standing on my head (What can they do ship me to a foreign colony of Georgia… sorry US but there are no new lands to settle). I had hoped we would get some work for the company by now, but its 3 weeks into this and I think we wont. At the end of October there is definitely going to be layoff. I think it will be me too.

THE BRIGHTSIDE! There are jobs out there in my field, which is ironic in that those are the jobs I don’t want to do again. I want to do something new. A janitor job or something where I can be active. Hmm if I do get kicked out of my house I might be able to become a servant at Alistair and Shannon’s house in exchange for Room and board. Which might work out as I can focus on my writing too.

Also another benefit of the 3-day work week. LOTS of free time. I have caught up on my reading and gaming and anime. I have had pletty of time to get doctor appointments and admin stuff as well. And taken time for vacations.

---

Under the knife.

Aye. TL has had a few implants lately. My datajack and reflex augmenters are running nicely. Recently underwent some LONG awaited oral surgery too. Got my chompers fixed. Haven’t told anyone at work other than my Apprentice. Want to see if anyone will notice and actually have the guts to bring it up. I know they knew I had bad teeth problems before but never said anything. Be interesting. Cant wait to see if my friends really like em though. My Uma is happy. Gums are still sore. Been healing for weeks. Still cant really eat hard stuff yet. Oh got prescribed some REALLY nice Hydros for the pain. Hoping to get a refill. (Actually glowing on them as I type)

---

The Great Hunt

Thanks to an obscure preview of an anime I plan on intro-ing at our anime club, called Gankutsuou. I have now taken to diving into more classical music. The particular selection of music is Tchaikovsky’s Manfred Symphony. So after that I ran into a massive collect spree. I have a lot of Tchaikovsky to get through its all sounding good.

(UNEXPECTED SIDEEFFECT! – This type of music synchs really well with writing. As most music I try to listen to while writing ultimately distracts me. The magical notes of Classical orchestral have a nice un-distracting flow. In fact it helps block out distractions even!)

Some powerful stuff. (Actually has my toes curling up as I type right now)

Downloaded some Everything But the Girl best off. Nice soft yum yum music. Thanks to @VentureBrosBlog I found out the name of the Techno song that plays at the beginning of second season of Venture Bros. Aquagen feat. Rozalla remix – Everybody’s Free. Been delving into Techno/Trance/House music as a result. Which also seems to have a writing synch effect. Brother game me the Halo: Reach and Street Fighter II The Movie OSTs which are good.

---

The LMT returns

Very happy that an old friend of mine who I love dearly has contacted me through twitter. Glad to be in touch with her again. Follow my dear dear @KimmyLMT . She is doing well! Yay! And my future apprentice is also doing well in school.

---

Status

Relationship Status: Single w/Cat (Although I do have like 3 crushes I am under right now. One particular women is soo cool I dunno what I would do if I had courage to… I don’t know.)

Health Status: Standard (Back is better, but need Super Tam to walk me. Gums hurting)

Money Status: Some reserves still remaining after surgery

Car Status: Relatively Clean with Gas in tank

House Status: Semi-Clean need to wash dishes. Make bed more in morning

Work Status: Extremely Bored. No projects to keep me occupied.

Friend Status: Need to hang out with friends more. Sad Panda.

Sleep Status: Bad, moving to a Nocturnal to a Morning midweek is fracking me

OCD Status: Getting kind of annoying with bad thoughts.

Meds Status: Off my meds because of surgery. Not Good

Hope For Black People Status: Hopeful in long run

Hope For Political Apparatus of USA: Grim w/ small dab of Hope

Social Thought: Wish country could grow up and just accept Homosexuals without all the damn lag. People are too homophobic too. I hate casual homophobia the most!

Life Expectancy of United States (As of this post): 20 years tops. (+5 years from last prediction)

Booty of the Month: Rachel McAdams http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9590/f3su34.gif

Celeb Infatuation: Helen Mirren <3 :(

http://www.accesshollywood.com/content/images/22/230x306/22691_helen-mirren-oscars-feb-25-07-blurb-ap.jpg

http://paintedfurnitureonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Helen-Mirren-1.jpg

Favorite Dream: Transendant Sex-Marriage Dream

Movie of Week: Starship Troopers

Book Currently Reading: Dhalgren. (One confusing narrative having a hard time breaking into it) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhalgren (O_o)

Game of the Week: Super Robot Wars OG for GBA.

Meme of the Week: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan

Closing thoughts: Concerning Jimmy McMillan a lot of people see the dude as a joke. But dammit the RENT IS too damn high. He takes it seriously too. And damn he would have my vote if I lived their just for saying stuff that regular politicians are too scared to say. Well and because of the awesome mustachios too.

2 comments:

  1. The homosexual thing has been stuck in my head for a while now. I can tell things are changing though. More people are tolerant, more people are speaking out, more people are getting angry about it. It's easy to gloss over if you aren't gay, but fuck if I can. It pisses me off, it's sad and it's just so damn ignorant. I CAN NOT WAIT until the day that homosexuals are treated like human beings. BY EVERYONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One particular women is soo cool I dunno what I would do if I had courage to… I don’t know.)

    Take the step, have the courage to say something to the woman who is sooo coo1, she might be thinking the same things about you!

    As for being under the knife - don't sweat it. Do what is best for you, worry about the lip swaggers later, if any. Once everything heals, you will like it and know it was the right move.

    Walking - find an alternate route with lots of lightings, and stay on task. Buy a pedometer, wear it every time you walk, 2200 to 2500 steps is a mile. Walk 5,000 steps a day or more and you will lose weight :-)!

    ReplyDelete